a delicate chilly breeze
sunset in coral
one more day til spring
Vintage Mismatched Pillowcases
- The Find: I am a firm believer in all things reusable so get inspired by beautiful vintage floral's in your local thrift store, I paid 99cents for this single vintage pillowcase at Value Village.
- Match it up: I took my pillowcase into Hancock Fabrics to ensure that I got the colors right for the other side, you can do this or if you really want to be a frugal master, the thrift store sells pieces of fabric, and sheets that could match with your case. Just remember it needs to be at the very least the same size as the pillow case and you will need to pieces. I ended up getting about a half yard in fabric about (22 x 32 " x 2)
- Cut your original pillowcase directly on the seam (two sides and the bottom)
- Lay one side of the pillowcase on top of your fabric and use as a pattern
- You will need about a 1.5" seam allowance and about 5 - 6" at the opening for your fold
- Sew the opening fold using a zig zag seam, repeat with second piece
- Place both vintage and new fabric pieces front to front aligning seams and pin
- Sew about 1" from cut seam (side, bottom, front)
- Finish seams with zig zag settings
- Cut access thread
- Press or steam fabric seams
- Enjoy your amazing beautiful Vintage/Modern one-of-a-kind pillowcases!